The Clear Skin Diet
Acne affects 60 million Americans and can leave
devastating scars - inside and out. Researchers
report a staggering 63% of people with acne
experience debilitating depression.
At age 20, rising social media stars Nina and Randa Nelson’s livelihoods, spirits, and self-esteem were nearly destroyed by horrific cystic acne.
Nothing helped—costly facials, lotions, antibiotics, or painful procedures.
Desperate, the girls scoured research on the diets of acne-free cultures.
And boom…within two short months, they restored their skin, confidence, and lives with a low-fat, whole food, plant-based diet that was easy, affordable, and as close as the local grocery store.
Now, in THE CLEAR SKIN DIET: The Six-Week Program for Beautiful Skin (Hachette Books), YouTube celebrities Nina and Randa Nelson share their inspiring story and their doctor-approved, clinically tested, plantbased diet that instantly and dramatically transformed their skin—a diet now proven effective for many others, as well.
Nina and Randa conducted their own Acne Pilot Study, supervised by Steve Lawenda, M.D., of Kaiser Permanente. More than 130 acne sufferers volunteered for the “acne intervention,” providing more evidence that the Clear Skin Diet works. In just two weeks, Kendall, age 20, saw improvements and 16-year-old Monika reported: “Almost all my acne is gone!”
Built on solid nutritional science and vetted by top nutrition experts, Nina and Randa’s recipes are based on diets eaten by acne-free societies in Okinawa, Eastern Paraguay, and rural South Africa. The twins offer detailed grocery lists of inexpensive, familiar ingredients and “Keep it Super Simple” (KISS) meal-prep strategies.
The food is healthy and delicious, and because the recommended meals are naturally low in calories, many people also lose weight while clearing their acne. In six weeks, almost all of Maria’s arm acne disappeared—and in five months, she lost 40 pounds.
In the Clear Skin Diet, Nina & Randa include:
- The Six Clear Skin Diet guidelines and making them work for you
- Foods to avoid, timing re-introduction of certain items, and spotting acne-trigger foods
- Skin-positive face care guidelines, because skin care is self-care
- Personal stories and before/after images from Clear Skin Dieters
- Recipes for tasty meals, such as Ooh La La French Toast, Polenta Fiesta Scramble, Chicka-boom Curry Sandwich, Gimme Pot Pie, Gratitude Butternut Squash Bisque, I Like It Like That Lasagna, KISS Potato Fries, Macky Cheez, Black Velvet Brownies with Raspberry Sauce, and Pinch My Peach Cobbler
- Eating the Clear Skin Diet way in restaurants, dorms, school and while traveling
- Commentary by a panel of leading physicians, surgeons, chefs, dieticians, and nutrition experts, and more
Order The Book
The Clear Skin Diet: The Six-Week Program for Beautiful Skin (Hachette Books; April 2018) YouTube celebrities Nina and Randa Nelson share their inspiring story and their doctor-approved, clinically tested, vegan diet that instantly and dramatically transformed their skin—a diet now proven effective for many others, as well.Order Book Now